An Allstar Link Network howto:
This is a very basic howto for those who are new to Allstar. The following text & media are free for anyone to distribute, copy, improve upon etc…
*** Scripts/General Info ***
- Almost every command is prefixed with a ” * “
- With Allstar multiple connections are possible up to the limit of your bandwidth, processor, and memory.
- How to connect/disconnect nodes
- Using the example node 27038 & 2560 (WIN system)
- Connect by dialing *32560
- Monitor (listen only) dial *22560
- Disconnect one node *12560
- Disconnect from all connected nodes *71
- Other functions as below:
- Time (dial) *81
- Macros all start with *5 (a macro is simply a short cut to a longer command)
- Autopatch where available *6+1+Area code+Number / Disconnect *0 (local calls do not need the 1+area code…
- KC7DMF repeater I set this to: (*A+1+Area code+Number / Disconnect *D) … Also *6 and *0 work as well.